The big book of Runes and Rune Magic: How to Interpret Runes, Rune Lore, and the Art of Runecasting, by Edred Thorsson
A complete in-depth guide to the ancient runic alphabet and its use in communicating with the gods, in divination, and in magical work.
American runologist Edred Thorsson provides a complete introduction to the world of runes for beginners and enthusiasts alike. Thorsson's presentation of this powerful system provides a valuable tool for self-development and spiritual transformation.
This comprehensive guide is suitable to those new to the runes as well as for long-time practitioners. It includes:
- An introduction to the 24 runes of the Elder Futhark along with an explanation of their definitions and mystical properties
- An exploration of the historical lore of runes, with reference to archaeological evidence to explain where the runes come from, what they mean, and how they evolved
- The hidden, esoteric dimension of runes
- The cosmology of the Old Norse meanings of the runes to help explain the role they played and how they were used over time
- Specific explanation on rune magic, divination, rune poems, and runic numerology
This comprehensive guide also includes Instructions on how to make your own runes and imbue them with numinous power, arrange the optimum setting for a rune reading, and prepare yourself psychologically and spiritually for casting the runes.
This book includes material drawn from some of the author's previous books—Futhark, Runelore, and Runecaster's Handbook—as well as new additions and revisions by the author.
We Also Recommend
A Witch’s Guide to Wildcraft: Using Common Plants to Create Uncommon Magick. By JD Walker